Vegan Green Flatbread

I'm not vegan, I try to avoid dairy. I thought I was going to make this flatbread without any cheese, but I found "mozzarella"...

I'm not vegan, I try to avoid dairy. I thought I was going to make this flatbread without any cheese, but I found "mozzarella" cheese made out of almonds at Trader Joe's and I squirmed just a little. This recipe is super healthy, with flax incorporated into the pesto and I added hemp seeds on top because I like to put hemp on everything. I could have made the dough from scratch, but I was feeling lazy and hungry so I bought a pre-made kind. My dough isn't vegan, but if you really want it to be, there are so many recipes online! This flatbread is just as yummy as it is pretty, I promise. Your body will thank you.


Dough
1 package pizza crust

Pistachio 'Pesto'
2 cloves garlic, peeled
½ cup roasted and salted pistachios
4 cups kale
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tbs flax seeds
½ teaspoon salt and pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil  

Pizza Toppings
½ cup shelled English peas
1 small zucchini
1 tbs lemon juice
vegan almond mozzarella cheese
2 tbs hemp seeds
Crushed Rosemary
Salt (I used truffle salt) --------------------------------------------------------------------
Preheat oven to 475.
Bake pizza dough according to its instructions.

While dough is in the oven, process the garlic in a food processor until it's minced. Add the pistachios and continue processing. Gradually add the kale, lemon juice, flax seeds, and salt and pepper. Process/pulse until there are no chunks or whole pieces of greens. Continue processing while you add in the olive oil gradually. Process only a little more if you like more texture, otherwise continue processing until smooth.

Toss vegetables with 2 teaspoons of oil. Season with salt, and then roast for about 20 minutes, until you see a slight golden color. Move them around a couple times mid-roast to ensure all sides are roasted.

Once dough is baked, spread the pistachio pesto on the pizza and begin layering vegetables. Sprinkle the almond cheese, hemp seeds, crushed rosemary, and salt on top. Bake at 425 for about 5 minutes until the toppings are hot. Be careful not to over-bake, as the pesto can become dry.


Enjoy!!

Love, 
Maya


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images