Snail Mail

I have always had a deep appreciation for snail mail. I remember as a child, every day when I came home from school I would run to ...



I have always had a deep appreciation for snail mail. I remember as a child, every day when I came home from school I would run to the mailbox in hopes of seeing a little envelope with my name on it. Sadly, snail mail has become so neglected. A little while ago, I told myself I would continue to send things to people I care about in the mail, hoping they will receive the same kind of excitement and surprise as I did when I was younger.
I find that taking the time to write a letter or send a little gift has so much more meaning than sending a text or an email. There is something so lovely about tangibility. Being able to hold and feel the paper that your sender has written on has a certain beauty to it. There is more of a connection between the sender and recipient when the senses are involved; being able to touch what has been given to you, seeing the unique handwriting. Not to mention the best part, being able to keep this letter or gift forever, storing it in a special place and being able to look back on it in the future.

Try it. Send someone some love in a letter, postcard, or little gift. Make their day. It always makes mine.

Love,
Maya

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images